Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Maybe Infinity Is Time Enough

I know I need to sleep within the next few minutes. My gripe against sleep is only that there are thousands of things I want to do. I want to experience them all simultaneously. I wish I could be learning more on my piano, learning more about business, reading numerous technical books, novels, philosophies, all at once. Likewise I want to be hiking, traveling and exercising and going to dance parties and watching movies and listening to music and visiting friends and family. I want to learn how to draw again, and eventually how to paint. I want to become "more serious" of playing tennis, learning more strategy and technique. I want to write the books and essays and create the animation artwork I've thought about. I want to have a family, and to continue volunteering my time with community efforts. I want everything.

I want to do all of these things. I wish I could do them all simultaneously and be an observer of all of them, like an omniscient observer of my own infinities. Though it seems it would require an infinite time-scale or infinite presence to do everything.

I know I have to settle for sequential progress. I know, I know.

No comments: